Thanks to Christina White for sharing this recipe using some of the DVanB Foods seasoning blends!
- 2 Full size links of Andouille sausage
- ½ lb uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large boneless chicken breast
- 3 bell peppers red yellow green
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 ½ cups uncooked white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lg can crushed tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons DVanB BBQ Signature Blend
- ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- cilantro (garnish)
Slice sausage and chicken into ¼ inch chunks; add to slow cooker. Add diced peppers, onion, tomatoes, broth, garlic, salt, pepper and seasoning. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.Stir in rice and cook for another hour on high or 2 hours on low. Add shrimp and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro to serve.